Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm Ron Burgundy?

"Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? 
For the last time, anything you type, Burgundy will read!" 

So, ok.... This post isn't about Anchorman or Ron Burgundy.  It is about another Burgundy.
Royal Burgundy Beans!
(excited yet?)
This was the most recent "Veggie of the Week."  We picked some up at last the La Jolla Open Aire Market last weekend.  I had never seen them before, so I knew I had to try them.

If you have kids, this may be just the veggie for you to try.  These beans are much sweeter than your usual green bean.  They have this beautiful purple color and when you cook them, they turn green.  What kid wouldn't be amazed by that?

I just sauteed them up with a little olive oil and they quickly changed from purple to green.  I love my green beans, but it's definitely nice to change it up a little every now and then.

Tomorrow we're returning to the La Jolla Open Aire Market for some more eggs, bread, and fresh produce.  I'm excited to see what we get this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment