Next Friday, I'm attending a cookie exchange.
If you don't know what a cookie exchange is, here's a snippet from the invitation-
Bake a batch or two of your favorite holiday cookies and trade with your friends.
Bake your favorite pie to share with everyone at the party.
You bake your favorite cookie. You take home other great cookies made by your buddies. While you're selecting your cookies to take home, you can nosh on some of the tasty pie you and your buddies have made.
It's a wonderful way to have a nice selection of cookies to get you in the mood for the upcoming holidays.
Bake your favorite pie to share with everyone at the party.
You bake your favorite cookie. You take home other great cookies made by your buddies. While you're selecting your cookies to take home, you can nosh on some of the tasty pie you and your buddies have made.
It's a wonderful way to have a nice selection of cookies to get you in the mood for the upcoming holidays.
I plan on trying a couple of new recipes for this exchange.
This first recipe, Ginger-Lemon Pinwheel Cookies, I saw in my step-mom's copy of Cooking Light magazine and I was going to make them whether or not I had a cookie exchange. They just looked so tasty!
The second recipe, Basic Butter Cookie Dough, I will make and finally use a present I got last Christmas. Matt got me a cookie press last Christmas and I have yet to use it. What a perfect opportunity! I can't wait to make yummy cookies in all different shapes. I'm excited to see what kinds of cookies other people make. It's always a great opportunity to find a new favorite cookie or two and be able to get the recipe.
I hate when I find a tasty cookie or cake and not be able to get the recipe to make some for myself. One kind of cookie that I'd love to find a great recipe for are the traditional Black and White cookies.
Feel free to share your favorite cookie recipes with me! I'll try anything at least once!
We are having ours tonight! Wish you were here :-)
ReplyDelete